Invisalign® braces has both adventages and disadventages. Alignment of the teeth is more confortable and less visible than when using fixed appliances. Compliance of the patient is necessary due to the fact that they are removable. If the patient is not using the appliance long enough, the treatment may be prolonged.
- Esthetics: Appliance is almost invisible, you can temporarily take it out if necessary.
- Comfortability: Surface is smooth, and is copying the surface of the teeth.
- Oral hygiene: You just remove the appliance and clean you teeth as usually.
- Predictability: You can check the final outcome on a 3D digital model.
- Free choice of food: Do not need to be afraid what you eat – just remove the appliance
- Less frequent visits: We will see each other once per 2 or 3 months.
- Painless treatment: 🙂
- Compliance: Without wearing the appliance the wished effect will not be achieved.
- Limited indications: This type of appliance can not fix all malocclusions. In some cases it is better to use the fixed appliance. Whether you are, or not a proper adept to use this type of appliance we will find out at the first visit.
Invisalign® is a removable transparent brace made of very thin plastic that only covers your teeth so it does not affect your speech and does not cause any soreness of your soft tissues because there are no wires.
At the beginning of the treatment the patients obtain their own custom made sequence of translucent braces, that will be changed by them every 10 days. Each brace moves the teeth by 0.2 mm until they reach the correct position. The fact that they are removable leads to better oral hygiene. As to the esthetics, function and comfort Invisalign® undoubtedly is the first choice nowadays.